Narrator® Clients user experience and Presentation Module enhancements along with new NaviPlan® client reports available in latest release
Advicent, a leading provider of financial planning technology, has announced updates to its best-in-class NaviPlan financial planning engine, including Presentation Module enhancements and several new client reports. Additionally, Advicent announced a user experience and client navigations updates in its Narrator Clients portal.
“We always strive to improve the user experience in our software for both financial professionals and their clients to ensure optimal ROI for our customers,” said Brian Kutmas, senior product director at Advicent. “With these updates to NaviPlan and Narrator Clients, financial professionals are empowered to develop deeper client relationships and provide the high-quality advice and information their clients expect.”
Presentation Module enhancement (United States)
Improvements to the Presentation Module include a modern design scheme across presentations as well as new visual elements and infographics. These updates have changed the visual style of the presentations but do not change the data collected. With more modern, intuitive designs as well as compelling statistics throughout each presentation, Presentation Module empowers advisors to provide a heightened digital experience and deepen client relationships.
New U.S. client reports (United States)
NaviPlan includes several new client reports, which break down suggested asset allocation rates for various qualified and non-qualified accounts. If an applicable account is attached to a goal, the following reports can be found under the "suggested" or "alternative plan" groupings within the goal's "client report" section:
- Asset allocation for qualified retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for non-qualified retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for non-qualified annuity retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for 529 education accounts
- Asset allocation for annuities and qualified education accounts
- Asset allocation for non-qualified education accounts
- Asset allocation for annuities and qualified major purchase accounts
- Asset allocation for non-qualified major purchase accounts
Other NaviPlan improvements (United States)
- New account type - SEP IRA: Simplified Employee Pension Individual Retirement Arrangements (SEP IRA) are now fully supported in NaviPlan.
- Level-1 Social Security improvements: Detailed level-2 Social Security calculations are now available in level-1 plans.
- Morningstar updates: Morningstar has provided an updated asset classifier database. This update provides data for account/holding classifications.
Private corporation enhancement (Canada)
Private corporations within NaviPlan now supports functionality for liabilities and allows for the "50% solution" option for private corporation estate planning. These functional changes expand private corporation strategies and encourage a more holistic planning experience. Liabilities can be added under the "liabilities" tab within "private corporation details," and the "50% solution" can be enabled under the "estate" tab.
New client reports (Canada)
NaviPlan includes several new client reports, which break down asset allocation by account type and goal in greater detail for private corporations. New reports include:
- Private corporation synopsis
- Private corporation projected share value
- Private corporation projected balances
- Private corporation projected activity
- Private corporation income tax summary
- Asset allocation for TFSA retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for registered retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for non-registered retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for non-registered GWB retirement accounts
- Asset allocation for RESP education accounts
- Asset allocation for TFSA education accounts
- Asset allocation for non-registered education accounts
- Asset allocation for TFSA major purchase accounts
- Asset allocation for non-registered major purchase accounts
Enhanced CPP calculation (Canada)
Starting in 2019, the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) will be enhanced, providing higher benefits for those who make higher contributions. The CPP is applicable if a taxpayer is continuing to work and contribute to the CPP as of 2019. The CPP calculation in NaviPlan has been adjusted to support the enhanced CPP.
Narrator Clients user experience and client navigation update (United States & Canada)
As part of the Advicent commitment to deliver a high-quality user experience for both advisors and their clients, Advicent has updated the client portal with a modern, simplistic interface. The new interface, including asset value bars in the "financial profile" and updated graph designs within "goals" and "cash flow," enable clients to gain a deeper understanding of their financial information.
The NaviPlan navigation adjustments allow users to access all client-related actions within the context of a client file, including Narrator Clients portal user setup. While in a client’s plan or plan list, the navigation bar now includes an "active client" section that houses access to client information, the client’s plan list, and the Narrator Clients portal user setup. The reorganization centralizes all actions related to a client file into one simple menu.
Advicent is the financial planning technology provider of choice for nearly 100,000 financial professionals within 4,000 clients worldwide, including five of the top seven custodians, 12 of the top 25 broker-dealers, five of the top 10 American banks, and seven of the top 10 insurance firms. Our decades of experience empower Advicent to create scalable technology prepared for regulatory changes; compliance workflow management; fully branded client experiences through industry-leading APIs; and superior cash flow and goal-based calculations. Advicent products are designed to satisfy the needs of every investor and are used in firms of all sizes. Through our innovative product capabilities and dedicated services, we are able to help thousands of financial professionals and their clients understand and impact their financial future. To learn more, visit advicent.com or email email@example.com.